The winter skies stayed clear and dry for our Annual Open Night on 29 August, where programs, buildings and student work at Edinburgh College were all on display. With Early Learning Centre, Primary and Secondary campus and facilities open for the evening, Edinburgh College provided new and prospective families to the College an opportunity to explore, ask questions, discover and make connections amongst staff and students alike.
Our School Captains were available to meet and greet, as were the many parents of the school council acting as ushers for the evening, fielding questions and providing directions for families moving around on campus.
With record attendance, families were treated to a number of displays including:
- Open rooms in the Early Learning Centre with craft for pre-schoolers
- Art displays with Mr. Ralph in the Primary school
- Stories and marshmallows around the campfire with Mr. Brooks
- Supervised experiments with senior student helpers including the Fireball explosions and dry ice in the Science wing
- Cafeteria serving hot food and drinks
- School Captains representing School Council
- Graphic Design, Visual Arts and Illustration on display in the Secondary Art wing
- Shooting three-pointers in the Gym with Mr. Jones
- Musical numbers by the student band in the cafeteria
Former students had an opportunity to reminisce about their time at the College, with some photos on display throughout the 50 plus years of College life. We look forward to more of our previous students reconnecting with the school as part of our Alumni program, and develop opportunities to support the school and students as they graduate from the school community.
The night finished with fireworks on the College oval to the delight of the many children in attendance.
Thank you to all parents, siblings and families for braving the winter cold for the evening, and a big thank you to our supporters, Methven Real Estate, Bom Gusto Cafe Lilydale, Billy Goat’s Hill Brasserie Mount Evelyn, Futsal Mount Evelyn and RAW Fitness for their support of the event.