To all families, staff and students – welcome to Term 2, as all classes return on Tuesday 23 April. We trust you had a relaxing break with family and friends during the Easter holiday season.
Term 2 heralds the time of year where the warmest days are behind us, Daylight Savings has officially finished and the days gradually get cooler and shorter leading into winter. As such, the college uniform requirements change in Term 2, from wearing summer to winter uniform. All students will be expected to wear winter uniforms from Week 3 of the term. If you are unsure of the winter uniform requirements, please review the student handbook which provides an overview of the items required.
With a change of season also brings different activities as the cooler weather takes place of the warmer. We look forward to what lies ahead for us as a college community this term, with campus and inter-school sporting championships, as well as special days to commemorate:
- Cross Country: Years 5-12 and Year 9-10 3 on 3 Basketball (Week 1)
- ANZAC Day (Week 1)
- Prep Excursion: Shrine of Remembrance (Week 2)
- Year 11 Careers Excursion: VCE & Careers Expo, Monash University Caulfield (Week 2)
- Challenge Survivor Camp (Week 2)
- Edinburgh College Garage Sale (Week 3)
- Mother’s Day (Prep – Year 3) (Week 3)
- Edinburgh Basketball Academy (Week 3 – 10)
- Canberra Trip (Week 4)
- NAPLAN (Weeks 4 – 5)
- Year 12 Avondale Trip (Week 4)
- Prep Excursion: Mini Golf (Week 4)
- Year 9 City Challenge (Week 4)
- SEISS Cross Country (Week 5)
- VCE Legal Studies Excursion (Week 8)
- Year 12 Chemistry Excursion (Week 9)
- Year 12 Careers Excursion (Week 9)
- Year 9 City Challenge (Week 10)
These events are just a snapshot of what is happening on campus this term. Events can be found on the school calendar, available on the Calendar page of the Edinburgh College website.
As ANZAC Day falls on the first week of term, a special assembly will be held on campus Wednesday. In keeping with tradition, College Leadership, School Captains and their families will participate in laying wreaths as part of ANZAC Day Dawn Service on the morning of Thursday 25th April. We invite all families from the college to join us for this moving occasion.
ANZAC DAY DAWN SERVICE
School Captains and College leadership will gather for a traditional Dawn Service ceremony to be held at the Lilydale Cenotaph, Main Street, Lilydale (just near the Post Office). Please assemble from 5.30am for a 5:45am start. We will then join other community members and organisations in paying our respects by laying a wreath on behalf of the college community.
While these solemn events mark a reflective start to this term, we look forward to many adventurous learning opportunities that result in personal growth for each member of our campus community.