- Each member of Edinburgh’s teaching and non-teaching staff is committed to the care and well-being of our students.
- Edinburgh has a dedicated student well-being team which includes a student-well-being coordinator, school chaplain and a qualified school counsellor.
- Edinburgh’s Year 9 Challenge Program provides opportunity for students to grow in character and develop important life skills during a critical time of their learning and development.
- Edinburgh provides individual pathways for students which cover the Australian curriculum and include on-campus and off-campus VET courses as well as a VCE program which allows students entry into all VCE courses and enables them to achieve their future career goals.
- Edinburgh College Alumni have been highly successful in pursuing a variety of different career paths and include nurses, paramedics, teachers, doctors, electricians, builders, small business owners, accountants and real-estate agents to name a few.
- Edinburgh’s experienced and high performing teaching staff maintain regular professional development and are committed to following best teaching practice in their classrooms.
- Edinburgh has state of the art, fully equipped science, art and technology facilities and one to one student computers with high-speed fibre-optic internet.
- Edinburgh is part of the South Eastern Independent Schools Sports (SEISS) program where students are able to compete throughout the year against other schools in a wide range of sports.
- Chapels and year level camps are oriented towards calling students to serving others.
- Students have the opportunity to regularly participate in preparing food for a local soup kitchen.
- The Year 11 class has an annual Vanuatu Service Trip which focuses particularly on helping communities devastated by the 2015 Cyclone Pam.
- Local community service projects are incorporated into the Year 9 Challenge Program.
- Free dress fundraising days are run each term to raise money for various charities.
I would love for you to experience Edinburgh College for yourself and invite you to visit our Secondary campus for an authentic glimpse into school life at Edinburgh College.